Exclamation mark inside a light bulb – an exterior light bulb has gone out. Gas canister – if the light is yellow, then oil levels are low. If it is red, then it’s dangerously low and you should pull over.
- 1 What does the exclamation point mean on BMW dash?
- 2 What does the dash light with an exclamation point mean?
- 3 What are the symbols on a BMW dashboard?
- 4 How do I reset the exclamation mark on my BMW?
- 5 What does it mean when your car has a yellow exclamation point?
- 6 What does exclamation mark indicate?
- 7 How do I fix my traction control?
- 8 What are the symbols on a dashboard?
- 9 What does the orange triangle mean on my BMW?
- 10 What do the BMW lights mean?
- 11 How do you reset the exclamation point light?
- 12 How do I reset my BMW computer?
What does the exclamation point mean on BMW dash?
The symbol means there is an issue with your engine, its emissions, or components. Steering System: A steering wheel with an exclamation mark means there is an issue with your steering system. If the symbol shows in yellow, it means that your tire pressure is down by about 10 percent.
What does the dash light with an exclamation point mean?
Tire pressure warning light This dashboard light looks like a tire with an exclamation point in it and means that the tire pressure in at least one of your tires is low and underinflated. You’ll want to check your tire’s air pressure immediately. You still should check your tire pressure once a month.
What are the symbols on a BMW dashboard?
BMW DASHBOARD WARNING LIGHTS
- Red – Communicates a warning that requires immediate attention.
- Orange and Yellow – Designates a warning that is not critical but requires attention as soon as possible.
- Blue and Green – Indicates the BMW features or technology that is currently active.
How do I reset the exclamation mark on my BMW?
Re: Red exclamation mark on dashboard?? AndyM wrote: Start the engine then scroll through the obc until you reach the ‘flat tyre’ symbol with the word RESET. Press in the end of the stalk to select. Press and hold for about 5 seconds and a tick should appear then just drive off and it will reset on the move.
What does it mean when your car has a yellow exclamation point?
The tire pressure warning light is depicted as a yellow tire with an exclamation point in the middle. This warning light signifies that one of the vehicle’s tires is underinflated, and – in some modern vehicles – it can indicate which exact tire has low pressure.
What does exclamation mark indicate?
The exclamation mark,!, also sometimes referred to as the exclamation point, especially in American English, is a punctuation mark usually used after an interjection or exclamation to indicate strong feelings, or to show emphasis.
How do I fix my traction control?
Turn your vehicle off, then restart it. If the traction control warning light stays off, there was a momentary glitch in the system, and you should be fine to continue. But if the light comes back on and stays on, you should call your mechanic right away and schedule a service appointment.
What are the symbols on a dashboard?
15 Common Warning Lights on Your Car’s Dashboard
- Oil Pressure Light.
- Tire Pressure Warning Light.
- Engine Temperature Warning.
- Traction Control Light.
- Anti-lock Brake Warning Light.
- Traction Control Malfunction.
- Engine Warning (Check Engine Light)
- Battery Alert.
What does the orange triangle mean on my BMW?
The symbol means there is a Check Control message stored. It may be accessed as follows (button 1 is the small lever on the turn signal stalk and button 2 is the button on the end of the stalk)
What do the BMW lights mean?
In general, the color of the illuminated symbol will convey how severe the issue is. Red indicates an issue that requires immediate attention. Orange indicates a less urgent issue, such as a vehicle service requirement. Blue and green give you information on lights and indicators.
How do you reset the exclamation point light?
Hold the TPMS reset button until the tire pressure light blinks three times, then release it. Start the car and wait 20 minutes for the sensor to refresh. The tire pressure monitor reset button is usually located beneath the steering wheel. If you can’t find it, check the user’s manual.
How do I reset my BMW computer?
How to Reset a BMW Computer
- Turn your ignition key to the accessory position when the lights and radio come on (before starting the car).
- Press and hold the “Trip” button on the instrument panel until the red light comes on.
- Press the “Trip” button a second time and hold until “Reset” appears.