The battery in BMW E53 X5 models is located in the center of the luggage compartment, below the spare tire (green arrow).
Where is the battery located on a 2003 BMW X5?
Locate the battery. Pull up the floor cover in the trunk that contains the spare tire. The battery is located in a case just above the spare tire on the left side.
Where is the battery in 2003 BMW?
The 2003 BMW 745li’s battery isn’t in the typical place You’d expect, so You’re forgiven for not being able to find it. Instead of being located in the engine compartment, it’s instead located in the rear trunk of the vehicle.
How do I charge my BMW X5 battery?
The best method to charge a BMW battery is to use a 12-volt trickle charger and to make sure to use the jump start terminals under the hood. Ideally, the battery should be charged off the car, but if the battery has no damaged cells, it can be charged in the vehicle.
How do you reset the battery on a BMW X5?
How To Reset BMW Computer After Battery Change?
- Step 1: Restart the controller.
- Step 2: Tap the “Trip” button to wake it up and glow.
- Step 3: Continue to press and hold that “trip” button and hold until the “Reset” button appears on the screen.
- Step 4: Reset.
How do I change the battery in my BMW X5 key?
After the valet key is removed, you will notice a small access port on the key fob. Use the valet key or a flat screwdriver to remove the key battery cover. Once removed, you will see the battery. Remove the dead battery and replace it with a new one.
Where is BMW battery located?
The battery is usually located on the right side of the vehicle, beneath the upholstery that covers your trunk. Disconnect the negative battery terminal from the battery using your 10 mm socket wrench.
How do I reset my BMW computer?
How to Reset a BMW Computer
- Turn your ignition key to the accessory position when the lights and radio come on (before starting the car).
- Press and hold the “Trip” button on the instrument panel until the red light comes on.
- Press the “Trip” button a second time and hold until “Reset” appears.