The 6 Most Reliable BMW Engines Ever
- BMW B58 Engine.
- BMW M20 Engine.
- BMW M50 Engine.
- BMW S62 Engine.
- BMW N52 Engine.
- BMW M54 Engine.
- 1 What is the best BMW engine ever made?
- 2 Which BMWS are reliable?
- 3 Is BMW inline 6 reliable?
- 4 Which new BMW is the most reliable?
- 5 Which BMW engines are best?
- 6 Is BMW reliable in long term?
- 7 Are BMWS reliable after 100k miles?
- 8 Is the BMW I6 a good engine?
- 9 What is BMW most reliable engine?
- 10 How reliable is the BMW B48 engine?
- 11 Which is more reliable BMW or Mercedes?
- 12 Is the BMW 2.0 turbo engine reliability?
- 13 Is BMW or Audi more reliable?
What is the best BMW engine ever made?
Top 10 greatest BMW Engines
- S65 V8 – E92 M3 GTS – 450hp.
- M57D30 Inline 6cyl diesel – E46 330d – 184hp.
- M10 Inline 4cyl – 2002 turbo – 170hp.
- S62B50 V8 – Z8 – 400hp.
- M88 DOHC Inline 6cyl – E26 M1 – 277hp.
- S14 Inline 4cyl – E30 M3 Evo III – 238hp.
- S54B32HP DOHC inline 6cyl – E46 M3 CSL – 360hp.
- S70/3 V12 – McLaren F1 – 627hp.
Which BMWS are reliable?
The 10 Most Reliable BMW Models of All-Time
- BMW 318i. Prior to 2002, the BMW 318i was also known as the E46.
- BMW 325i. Instamotor.com rates the 2005 BMW 325i as one of the best BMW’s ever made.
- BMW E90 328.
- BMW F40.
- BMW 528i.
- BMW i3.
- BMW X3.
- BMW 750i.
Is BMW inline 6 reliable?
Another reliable modern BMW engine is the M54 inline-6. The 2000-2006 E46 3 Series, as well as the contemporary Z3 and Z4 roadsters and X3 and X5 SUVs have this engine, BMW Tuning reports. And it’s famous for running reliably even after hundreds of thousands of miles.
Which new BMW is the most reliable?
What Year is the Most Reliable BMW 3 Series? Among long-term car owners, it is generally agreed that the most dependable Series since the E46 is the F30, between 2012 and 2018. The F30 may be the most reliable Series since the E46, but it may not feel as solidly constructed as some of the old versions.
Which BMW engines are best?
Top 10 Most Powerful BMW Engines of All Time
- S62 – BMW M5 (E39) S62 Engine.
- B57 – BMW 750d (G11/G12)
- S65 – BMW M3 GTS (E92)
- N73 – Rolls-Royce Phantom VII.
- S55 – BMW M4 GTS (F82)
- S85 – BMW M5 (E60)
- S58 – BMW X3 M / X4 M (F97/F98)
- N63 – BMW M850i (G15)
Is BMW reliable in long term?
According to Repairpal.com: “The BMW Reliability Rating is 2.5 out of 5.0, which ranks it 30th out of 32 for all car brands. This rating is based on an average across 345 unique models. The average annual repair cost for a BMW is $968, which means it has average ownership costs.
Are BMWS reliable after 100k miles?
If a BMW has been well looked after and goes for servicing regularly, then it should last well over 100,000 miles. Some owners have even had a BMW for around the 250,000-mile mark. So, they last for a pretty long time when they’re taken care of.
Is the BMW I6 a good engine?
Two of the most iconic cars to ever wear the roundel, the BMW 2002 and E30 M3, used four-cylinder engines. Plus, its turbocharged I6 engines are some of the most efficient six-cylinder engines on the market, if not the most efficient. Hell, the 335i is more efficient than many four-cylinder engines on the market.
What is BMW most reliable engine?
The N52 six-cylinder is a perfect example, and gets our vote as the most reliable engine you’ll find in any modern BMW.
How reliable is the BMW B48 engine?
The B48 is also a seemingly reliable engine thus far. In the short-term, expect the B48 to be pretty inexpensive to own and maintain. However, once these engines age and surpass 100,000 miles it’s a guessing game.
Which is more reliable BMW or Mercedes?
In a comparison between BMW, Audi and Mercedes-Benz, the study shows which brand requires the most maintenance under six years of ownership, after six years and after twelve years. BMW sits in the middle with Mercedes being the most reliable, therefor the cheapest. After six years, things start to change.
Is the BMW 2.0 turbo engine reliability?
All in all, the BMW N20 is a reliable engine and does not have many common issues that warrant concern until higher mileage. For the DIY crowd, a lot of the repair jobs mentioned are not overly expensive as the cost of parts is not too high.
Is BMW or Audi more reliable?
Which Luxury Car Brand Is More Reliable? While BMW and Audi are both highly reliable brands, Audi ultimately comes out on top because of its higher safety ratings, extra warranty coverage, and additional safety features.